COME ONE, COME ALL!
Opens Friday, November 15!
Ladies and gentlemen, children of all ages, step right up for a special exhibition like no other, featuring amazing feats of science! All the sights and sounds of the carnival, from the spectacles to the midway games, are based on science. This Science Center-created exhibition will take you behind the curtain (or circus tent flap, if you will) for an immersive, multi-sensory experience. Curiosity Carnival embodies the excitement and vibrancy of a carnival atmosphere while examining classic games, rides and experiences through a STEM lens.
– At Winging It, design and fold paper airplanes, then use electric launchers to test them out at two large-scale, gamified galleries!
– Arrange fabric and props at a Colossal Kaleidoscope to explore how math and mirrors work together to create spectacular patterns.
– “Juggle” the forces of physics at our Giant Mobile and create a unique, suspended sculpture.
– Use physics and symmetry to successfully navigate a tabletop High Wire Challenge and discover how tightrope walkers keep their balance.
– At Clowning Around, style a lion’s mane or a clown’s wig using magnets and iron filings.
– Get creative with light and color at the Luminous Lite Brite.
– Challenge your brain with a series of optical illusions, and uncover the science behind why we don’t always immediately see things for what they are.
– Take a spin in our Topsy Turvy Chairs and learn how they use weight and gravity to stay upright.
– Practice your balancing act by finding and lowering your center of gravity on a Rolla Bolla board.
– On the Midway, practice STEM-rooted strategies to maximize your chances of winning common carnival games.
– Enjoy performances and demonstrations offering a sneak-peek at the science behind popular carnival acts