Peninsula Reindeer Day
Holiday festivities will continue throughout the village. Santa’s live reindeer will be on the Bronson Church green, sponsored by Yellow Creek Trading Company, Ohio Hardwood Furniture, Friends of the Peninsula Library, and Chanah and Lee Spencer. Make sure children see the educational reindeer display and pick up the recipe for magical reindeer snacks for Christmas Eve. Join in the reindeer fun by purchasing red Rudolph noses or antlers, with proceeds going to the Peninsula Chamber to support Christmas in Peninsula.
PLEASE NOTE THE TIMES OF EACH EVENT. NOT ALL EVENTS WILL TAKE PLACE ALL DAY.
Santa himself will welcome children at Trail Mix – Peninsula from 1:00 to 3:00 on Saturdays and Sundays, Decemeber 7, 8 and 13, 14. His elves will help children make special gifts.
• Letters to Santa can be written and mailed at the Peninsula Library. A Santa mailbox will also be at the Trail Mix – Peninsula store during the entire Christmas season. Don’t forget to include a return address so Santa can reply!
• Boston Township Hall at 1775 Main Street will be hosting a free Community Christmas Bazaar from 10:00 to 4:00. Handmade, repurposed and vintage items from over 60 vendors will be featured, along with baked goods and warm beverages.
• At Peninsula Methodist Church, old-fashioned concerts and sing-alongs will be held at 1:00, 2:00 and 3:00, featuring a merry cast of musicians, elves and the toy soldier. Free admission.
• Bronson Church will host a special exhibit! The International Gingerbread Society shares part of its extensive collection of vintage and contemporary gingerbread men and gingerbread house collectibles. The curator of the collection, Jill Sell, will be present from 12:00 to 4:00. Complete the project and bring it to the exhibit for a prize! Gingerbread cookies will be for sale.
• Real lambs from Spicy Lamb Farm will be at Yellow Creek Trading Company. Stop by to pet them and purchase wool blankets and throws made from their wool. Purchase your raffle tickets here for the Bountiful Peninsula gift basket.
• The Brown Rabbit – Cookies will be served as you shop for Christmas uniques and antiques.
• River Light Gallery – Shop for locally created gifts. Help to support the arts.
• Log Cabin Gallery – Enjoy the “heart and soul” exhibit and visit Krampus to find out if you’ve been naughty or nice (1:00-2:00).
• Visit the Peninsula Art Academy, showcasing artisan-crafted jewelry, fiber arts, painting, photography, ceramics, glass and paper arts that celebrate the magic and beauty of the season. Cider and cookies will be served.
• The Crooked Kettle Popcorn Company will sell their flavored popcorn, baked goods and candy.